Taking Action: Driving Ontario’s Energy Transition is the second conference collaboration between the Association of Power Producers of Ontario (APPrO) and the Ontario Energy Association (OEA), building on the success of the 2022 event.
In 2022 we discussed how Ontario should best navigate its way to net zero. This year we focus on practical realities needed to drive a decisive and orderly transition. For example:
- Integrating electricity and energy system planning and pathways studies into a foundational base to guide the energy sector through the change that is underway;
- Defining roles and responsibilities in the transition;
- Getting the best value from existing assets while procuring and building new infrastructure and capabilities;
- Leveraging the capability of Ontario’s broad array of sector participants to get the best outcomes for customers;
- Aligning the energy transition with Ontario’s industrial strategy;
- Ensuring the capital needed is available and costs are fairly and efficiently allocated;
- Streamlining regulatory and permitting processes, and aligning provincial, federal and local transition roles;
- Finding the skilled labour required to build out new infrastructure.
Taking Action: Driving Ontario’s Energy Transition is a must for all professionals engaged in the Ontario energy industry. Participants will hear from industry experts about the key issues and opportunities in Ontario’s energy system. Participants will also have the opportunity to meet and exchange ideas with Ontario’s energy leaders.
When: September 27, 2023
Where: 100 Queens Quay E, 3rd floor, Toronto, ON